Raw Pad Thai
Recipe type: Main, Entree, Salad
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 large carrots
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts or radish sprouts (spicy) (optional)
- ½ cup crushed peanuts (optional)
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander/cilantro (optional)
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup almond butter (or cashew butter, or a blend of both)
- 2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- ¼ cup tamari (select a wheat free version for gluten-free diets)
- 2 tbsp agave (or maple syrup)
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger root, grated
- Use a spiralizer (or mandolin or vegetable peeler) to create noodles from the carrot and zucchini. Place them in a large mixing bowl and top with the other vegetables.
- Whisk sauce ingredients in a bowl. The sauce will be thick, but will thin out after it’s mixed with the vegetables.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and toss. Best after 1 day in the fridge.
Source: Julie Daniluk’s Meals That Heal Inflammation cookbook via Chatelaine magazine.